The 3-PT 42 is our newest and largest 3-Point ditcher. It is designed to work in extremely trashy conditions such as sod or stalks. The standard ripper tooth is designed to loosen debris and/or hard, dry soil for smoother machine operation. The standard rotating single tail wheel or the optional double tail wheel helps maintain grade accuracy.
The 42\" 9-paddle impeller wheel (digging wheel) consists of 9 heat treated cutting edges and 9 hard-surfaced paddles that are designed to be resurfaced as they wear. It does have shear bolts should a large immovable object be struck.
The gearbox components are easily accessible by removing the rear or side access cover plates. The gearboxes consist of large shafts, heavy-duty sprockets and bearings, and double 80 roller chain; all enclosed and running in an oil bath. The external idler adjustments are used to maintain proper chain tension.
Soil is thrown out the left side of the ditcher and may be thrown over a 60 foot area; rocks and other debris may go farther. The optional terracing shield allows soil to be placed 7 to 30 feet from the machine for the building or maintenance of waterways and terraces.
Depth of cut: up to 10\" in a single pass; up to 27\" in multiple passes.
Options for the 3-PT 42: terracing shield; rotating double tail wheel assembly; laser bracket and mast.
- 55 series 1000 RPM 1-3/4-20 spline with shear bolts which overload at the tractor end
- Rear: 1/2\" material with double 80 roller chain, oil bath, external idler tension adjustment; Front: 5/16\" material with double 80 roller chain, oil bath, external idler tension adjustment
- 42\" diameter with 9 heat treated cutting edges and 9 hard-surfaced paddles
- Cat II or III quick hitch adaptable
- Approximately 3,700 lbs. with single tail wheel assembly; approximately 4,200 lbs. with double tail wheel assembly
- 125 HP to 225 HP